Are you looking for a simple assessment framework for Early Years?
This Assessment handbook is an essential tool for anybody working with Pre-School and Reception aged children.
It is a comprehensive downloadable document that guides you through a simple and easy to use framework drawing together the key messages about assessment from the EYFS Statutory Framework 2021 and the OFSTED Framework 2019.
- It includes key knowledge about formative and summative assessment strategies and shows you how to ensure that assessment is an integral part of your teaching process
- It uses a detailed step by step format to show you how to implement a robust summative assessment process using 4 Checkpoints per academic year.
- It outlines what evidence to keep so that progress can be exemplified
- It breaks down the Early Learning Goals into expected statements for each term for each area of learning
- The expected statements provide an easy reference point when collating information and making judgements
“I love the sample pen portraits and how the checkpoint statements for each child flow and build on the previous one. It's clear and really easy to navigate and a brilliant model for early years staff.”
“This document couldn’t be any more straight forward! The activities are inspired in terms of progressive and sequential learning and demonstrate what we need to be considering at the checkpoints.”
“Morris & Simmons have published some fantastic resources that, as an early adopter school, have helped to prioritise our next steps embedding new EYFS statutory framework within our curriculum and context. Ginny and Nicky have been helpful in so many ways as I worked as an EYFS teacher, leader and now as a headteacher. Their training is precise, supportive and you always leave with a wealth of ideas which are simple to implement but BIG on impact – making a real difference to the provision and outcomes for children.
The three resources they have recently produced for the implementation of the new 2021 statutory framework are a must for any Early Year teaching team when thinking about your Intent and Implementation. Highly recommended – an impactful, valuable and well-used resource! “